Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with Schedule 1 - Competition Particulars. Where Schedule 1 is referenced, the relevant word is capitalised and in Bold Text.
One of the many things affected by COVID-19 has been the AFL 2020 season. With the changes to the footy fixture after round 1 by the AFL, we are now unable to run the draw for the winner of the $1 million which was based on the original 6 rounds of the fixture. Not to worry, we are still going ahead with the draws of the secondary prizes and will notify the 20 prize-winners in accordance with the terms and conditions which can be found below (subject to changes in dates resulting from COVID-19).
- Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed to be acceptance of these conditions.
- The Competition is open to legal residents of Australia who reside in Victoria (VIC), New South Wales (NSW), Queensland (QLD), Western Australia (WA), South Australian (SA), Tasmania (TAS) and Northern Territory (NT) and who have reached 18 years of age as of the beginning of the Competition Period, and who are not:
a. an employee of; or
b. domiciled with an employee of; or
c. an immediate family member of an employee of; the Promoter or its affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies.
- Strictly one original entry per person.
- Participants are required to register their original entry as directed at the Signup Location(s).
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred.
- The winner selection will take place at the Selection Time and Date at the Selection Location. If the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
- Only one prize per household will be awarded. The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
- Prize winners are advised that Tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the prize.
- All winners will be notified by email. The winners will have their details published on or before the Winners Publish Date at the Winners Publish Location.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of the prize being unclaimed by Monday 6th April 2020, further draw/s will take place to determine replacement winners. The draw will take place at Secondary Judging Time and Date at the Draw Location. The replacement winners will be notified by email on the same day. The winners must claim their prize by responding via email by Wednesday 8th April 2020.
- The prize is comprised of the Prize Pool Description for the winning Initial Entrant and Invited Friends. Total prize pool valued at Prize Pool Value.
- The prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or otherwise redeemable for cash. Upon acceptance of the prize, the prize winners agree to provide reasonable cooperation to allow Kogan to use their name and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this Competition including but not limited to publication of their name and photograph on the Kogan website.
- This Competition may be promoted through third party websites, like Facebook. Entrants must at all times comply with the terms of service for those third party websites when using them to participate in this Competition. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, those third party websites
- Any costs associated with accessing the promotional website are the entrant's responsibility and are dependent on the Internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the website shall be deemed invalid.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under the Lottery and Gaming Regulation 1993 (SA), and state permit regulation.
- The Promoter as well as its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with the prize or use of the prize. This excludes any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from the remainder of the provisions and the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Australia and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
- There is one Primary prize and 20 Secondary prizes to be won. Each prize is valued at the prize Value. Each prize is comprised of the Prize Description. Collectively, the competition will be referred to by the Competition Name.
- In the event that there are multiple winners of the Primary Prize, the winner who submitted their entry first will be awarded the Primary Prize. If there is no winning entry for the Primary prize, the Primary prize will not be awarded.
- The promoter is the Promoter.
Schedule 1 - Competition Particulars
Promoter: Kogan Australia Pty Ltd Level 1, 136 Buckhurst St, South Melbourne VIC 3205, ABN 53 152 570 351
Competition Name: Kogan.com Footy Million Competition
Signup Location(s): https://www.footymillion.com.au/
Competition Commencement Date: Tuesday 3rd March 2020 at 00:00 (AEDT)
Competition End Date: Thursday 19th March 2020 at 15:00 (AEDT)
Draw Time and Date: Thursday 30th April 2020 at 11:00 (AEST)
Draw Location: Kogan Australia, 136 Buckhurst St, South Melbourne VIC 3205, Australia
Winners Publish Date: Thursday 7th May 2020 at 11:00 (AEST)
Primary prize Value: $1,000,000.00 (Value assessed on 25th February 2020).
Primary prize Description: Prize is comprised of 10 x cash prize installments of $100,000.00 paid over 60 months. Installments will be paid every six months with the first installment being paid on 30th May 2020.
Secondary Draw Time and Date: Friday 7th May 2020 at 11:00 (AEST)
Secondary Prize Pool Value: 10 x Kogan Mobile XL Prepaid Plan valued at $3344 and 10 x Kogan First 365 Subscriptions valued at $990 Total prize pool value is $4334. Prizes are awarded to 20 random entrants.
Secondary Prize Pool Description: Prize is comprised of 10 x $334.40 Kogan Mobile XL Prepaid Plan and 10 x $99 Kogan First 365 Subscriptions
NSW Permit Number: LTPS/20/42655